ASSISTED LIVING IN HUNTSVILLE, ALABAMA
"*" indicates required fields
An Uplifting, Engaging Lifestyle.
Residences at Wellpoint solves a common problem with living at home: isolation. To us, wellness means connection. To thrive, people need to engage with others. Our Assisted Living community is designed for connection, wellness and engaging living. Our Assisted Living residents live seamlessly within the community, creating an active, uplifting lifestyle with countless opportunities to engage with their friends, families and staff.
It’s Lifestyle You Want – The Daily Support You Need.
Assisted Living at Residences at Wellpoint offers precisely the type of care that’s needed. Our Assisted Living community expertly blends the comforts of home, exceptional services, and inspiring, wellness-focused care. Whether it is assistance with personal care such as dressing, bathing, or medication oversight, our goal is to empower living as independently as possible for as long as possible while helping them achieve a sense of purpose and success.
Your Life, Your Way.
Residents can choose how to experience each day – if they need ideas, we have plenty! Life at our unique Assisted Living community is an ongoing partnership between residents, their families and our team. We make sure residents have everything they need to pursue creativity, celebrate opportunity,
advance independence, live healthily and experience life as they define it!
Wellness Every Day.
Life in our Huntsville, Alabama, Assisted Living community is all about helping residents live their best lives. Our focus on total well-being inspires limitless possibilities, supported by best-in-class programs, exercise, nutrition, connection, convenient services and amenities.
ASSISTED LIVING FLOOR PLANS
For a 360-Degree view of our apartment floor plans, please click on the 3D floor plans above.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ASSISTED LIVING
What is the difference between Assisted Living and Independent Living?
Assisted Living is for seniors who cherish their independence but who could benefit from some level of assistance with daily activities. Assisted Living facilities are sometimes referred to as Personal Care communities.
Residents in these communities enjoy the same amenities and care services typically available in Independent Living, but they also receive care that includes support with such tasks as bathing, dressing and taking medication. Residents also have access to a healthy, active lifestyle and plenty of social engagement.
Comprehensive health assessments are often provided prior to move-in to ensure residents receive the precise type of care they need. Apartments feature senior-friendly designs, and the monthly rent is all-inclusive.
The benefits of supportive living in our Huntsville, Alabama, community are countless. Seniors have the opportunity to make lasting friendships with individuals with the same life experiences and enjoy a community and a lifestyle that offers fun, fulfillment, and a sense of purpose.
Does Medicare cover Assisted Living in Huntsville, AL?
With Medicare being designed to assist seniors, you may wonder whether Medicare in Alabama helps with the cost of Assisted Living or other senior living options. Medicare does not pay for Assisted Living.
- Medicare will not cover Independent Living or retirement living costs.
- Medicare will pay for expenses at a facility needed for temporary care.
- Medicare Part A will cover up to 100 days at a skilled nursing facility or a rehabilitation center after an injury or illness.
Some states provide financial assistance for Assisted Living through Optional State Supplements added to Social Security benefits. Alabama does not offer this assistance. However, other state programs can help with your living costs. For monthly costs for this care level at Residences at Wellpoint, contact us at 256.410.8018.
How much does this level of care cost?
The average cost of Assisted Living in Alabama in 2021, according to Genworth’s 2021 Cost of Care Survey, is $3,503 per month. In the costliest areas of the state – Huntsville, Auburn, Daphne, and Birmingham – the average cost ranges from $3,400-$4,145 per month. For monthly costs for this care level at Residences at Wellpoint, contact us at 256.410.8018.
What services and amenities are provided to Assisted Living residents at Residences at Wellpoint?
Assisted Living residents enjoy the same services and amenities enjoyed by our Independent Living residents. Amenities include an art studio, a variety of dining venues, a senior-friendly fitness center, library, pool, salon and spa, and sports/billiards bar.
Services include care staff available 24/7, hospitality and concierge services, on-site IT support, a variety of brain health and wellness programs, three chef-prepared meals per day, and housekeeping and laundry services.
How do I know when it’s time to move into an Assisted Living community?
Coming to terms with the fact your loved one can no longer live safely at home is hard. Deciding if and when it’s time to move to a senior care facility can be even harder. If you suspect your loved one could benefit from a more supportive lifestyle like that offered in an Assisted Living community, take a look at the questions below. If you answer yes to several, it may be time to begin your search.
- Have you noticed broken or damaged appliances and fixtures in the home?
- Are important items such as smoke alarms or fireplaces not being tended to?
- Is the house cluttered, dirty or disorganized?
- Have you noticed mold or unpleasant smells throughout the home?
- Have you noticed confusion when performing familiar tasks like laundry or dishes?
- Is the house or yard unattended?
- Are there unexplained dents or damage on their car?
- Has cooking stopped?
- Check the refrigerator. Do you see expired groceries?
- Do you notice weight loss or poor dieting habits?
- Do you see a pattern of losing or misplacing keys, wallets, or other important items?
- Have they been missing important appointments?
- Are there full bottles of prescription pills in medicine cabinets?
- Is there a loss of interest in activities or hobbies?
- Do you see changes in mood or extreme mood swings?
- Is your loved one acting differently toward you, friends, or even strangers?
- Does your loved one seem depressed or have little to no energy?
- Do Mom or Dad have bad breath or body odor more often?
- Is clothing disheveled or tattered?
- Have you noticed trouble when getting up from a seated position?
- Are they struggling to sit or stand?
- Do they have unexplained and more frequent bruises, scratches, or cuts?
Is Assisted Living good for dementia patients?
While some Assisted Living communities can accommodate those with early-stage memory loss, senior care communities that offer specialized Memory Care neighborhoods and programs may be a better choice. Learn more about the Memory Care Program at Residences at Wellpoint.