5 New Year’s Resolutions for Mind, Body, and Spirit
With the new year finally here, many people have either already begun or are in the process of beginning their resolutions. Among these, a common theme often presents itself – health and wellness. Many resolutions revolve around the basic idea of fitness and well-being, and this is often a good resolution for those of all ages.
“When focusing on health and wellness, it’s important to take into account the whole self,” says Allison Yancey, Executive Director, of Residences at Wellpoint Hampton Cove, an Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care community in Huntsville, Alabama. “It’s a delicate balance between wellness of the mind, body and spirit, and when all of them work together, you can achieve the optimal level of health. Wellness and well-being is something we focus on very deeply at Residences at Wellpoint, and we believe that no matter what stage of your journey, healthy senior living is crucial to happiness and engagement. This makes your improving your mind, body and spirit the perfect resolution for this new year.”
5 New Year’s Resolutions for Your Mind, Body and Spirit
This new year, take the helm of your own health with some of these resolutions.
- Resolve to eat healthier. A wide array of fruits and vegetables, lean meats, healthy fats and water can help to keep your body functioning well. Strive to stay away from a large amount of sweets and unhealthy snacks, as well. Drink in moderation and quit smoking if you do as well, as this can cause many health issues.
- Get some more exercise. Exercise not only keeps our bodies fit, but it also keeps our bodies working correctly. Exercise prevents a number of diseases, helps to improve our balance and keeps us functioning as well as possible. Consider getting a gym membership exercising with a friend. At the Residences, the Via Center for Well-Being offers a state-of-the-art wellness and medical facility with innovative educational and fitness programming to keep residents healthy and well while preventing further issues and ensuring peak performance. When they are done exercising, they are also able to enjoy our full-service spa with float room, salt cave and cryosauna.
- Begin a new hobby or learn something new. At the Residences, we believe that older adults should never stop learning and enjoy each day to the fullest. This is why we provide an array of clubs, programming and activities to ensure there’s something for everyone to do and enjoy. If your resolution is to try something new or join a club, think about everything you could be interested in and give one – or a few – a shot!
- Socialize with others. Meeting new people, making new friends and getting involved socially can not only improve happiness, but enhance health and well-being. When we isolate ourselves or spend days alone, the likelihood of depression can increase drastically, further hindering our well-being. Consider visiting a local senior center, volunteering or even attending some programming at a local campus like the Residences.
- Make the move to a community where wellness is the focus. At Residences at Wellpoint, our programming offers a wellness-focused approach to enhance whole person well-being. This not only helps active adults to achieve their resolutions for optimal wellness, but also lifelong health – no matter the time of year or how their goals may vary from others!
For more information about Residences at Wellpoint, please contact us today. We would be happy to schedule a time to speak to you or help you learn more in our Welcome Center! Give us a call today at 256.274.5312.
Where It All Comes Together
At Residences at Wellpoint, we provide an exceptional experience for those who desire Independent Living, Assisted Living or Memory Care in the Huntsville area. As part of the broader Wellpoint Community “campus,” we cultivate an engaged, intergenerational community unlike any other. Here, we celebrate well-being with an array of social programs, innovative on-site medical technology, a healthy, fulfilling lifestyle and so much more.
Here, our residents enjoy complete freedom of choice as well as the ability to plan their days however they choose. This is because we take the tedious routines of everyday life off your hands so that you can enjoy your life any way you wish. Go on an outing, enjoy the community, get fit in the Via Center, enjoy our dining bistro, shoot a game of pool in the sports/billiards bar. It’s all waiting for you.
No matter what your needs are, we can meet them. Our lifestyle philosophy supports every need along your journey, whether you desire Independent Living, need the assistance of our Assisted Living program or begin to need memory support. However your needs may change, we offer on site-medical assistance and supportive services so you can continue enjoying the engaging lifestyle you love. Contact us to learn more!
Call us at 256.274.5312 for more information or to schedule a personal visit today.